Portwest Play for a Day Competition
Portwest Play for a Day is a free initiative developed by Portwest, in association with Mayo GAA and Mayo LGFA and supported by Elverys. The programme is a fun and safe way for primary school kids to get involved in playing GAA with a chance to win a training session with members of the Mayo Senior Football Teams. The winner will have three players from both Mayo GAA and Mayo LGFA visit their class in school and carry out a training session.
Portwest's Play for a Day team announced that "We really wanted to do something that would give the children in Mayo an opportunity to play with the team. They see them as heroes and it is great encouragement for them to follow in their steps, keeping the tradition of GAA alive and well in the county."
Mayo GAA County Board chairperson Seamus Tuohy added: "We are delighted to be working with Portwest on this campaign. It is really important to us to develop GAA within the county at grassroots level and anything that gets the kids in Mayo excited about sport, and in particular GAA, is positive for us."
The Play for a Day competition will end on the 4th November 2022. The last date that tokens can be received back to Portwest (address below) will be the 11th of November 2022 with the draw on Wednesday, 16th November.
COMPETITION RULES AND PROCEDURES
For every 10 Euro spent in any of our four Portwest Retail Stores or on the Portwest Outdoor Range in Elverys, you will receive one token. This token amounts to one entry to the draw.
- Any Token without all the required information will be deemed invalid and will not progress in the competition.
- Each school or person that returns an entry token will automatically go into the prize draw. Eligible entrants cannot win more than one prize within the competition. Late or incomplete entries will be disqualified. Portwest will not take any responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction which may result in an entry being delayed, lost or not properly registered or recorded.
Tokens can be dropped in entry boxes in all Portwest Retail stores or in participating Elverys stores.
- First prize consists of a training day/meet and greet with the winning pupil and their classmates (up to 35 children max) and members of the Mayo GAA/ Mayo LGFA Senior Football Teams.
- There will also be four runner-up prizes, which will be ‘Portwest Play for a Day Class Packs.’ These will include footballs, training cones and Portwest clothing for up to twenty people.
- All training sessions will be in accordance with public health guidelines at the time of occurrence.
- Should any prize element be unavailable, Portwest reserves the right to substitute with an element of equal or greater value.
- Portwest's sole discretion to withhold prizes without liability if in its view a winner is ineligible, the entry is invalid, or a winner does not meet the necessary requirements as set out in these terms and conditions. Portwest reserves the right to withdraw or amend the promotion in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of its control.
- Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries invalidated by technical problems beyond the control Portwest
- By participating in the Promotion, participants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter Portwest excludes all liability whatsoever to entrants and the winner in relation to the Promotion and the prize to be awarded.
- The promoter is Portwest
Tokens and all other correspondence relating to this competition can be sent to:
“Play for a Day", Charles Hughes Warehouse, Castlebar Road, Westport, Co. Mayo, F28EA46’
Our full legal name is Charles Hughes Ltd. We are a Private limited company. Our registered office address is Portwest House, Business & Technology Park, Westport, Co. Mayo
- Portwest Play for a day
1.1. The Scheme allows Portwest customers to collect tokens ("Tokens") for their chosen primary school, when they make purchases from the Portwest leisurewear range in Portwest Retail stores or purchase items from the Portwest leisurewear range in participating Elvery’s stores.
1.2. National Schools or Special Education schools within Co. Mayo are eligible to take part.
1.3. For a School to participate in the Scheme, it must meet our Scheme Criteria as set out below.
- Scheme Criteria
2.1. Participation in the Scheme is restricted to Primary education providers in the Co. Mayo
2.2. Please note that tokens with nominated school can be submitted via Store channels or direct mailing to Portwest offices as stated above
3.1. Portwest' customers can collect Tokens between 10am on 1st September 2022 and 18.00 on 31st October 2022, subject to the terms and conditions of the Scheme. Tokens will be issued to Portwest' customers who make a purchase at a Portwest retail store or participating Elvery’s Stores within the Mayo catchment area.
3.2. One Token will be issued for each complete 10 Euro spent in each single transaction. 1 Token = One Entry
3.3. Please note that Tokens will not be collected in respect of the following purchases:
3.3.1. Items in Elverys stores that are NOT Portwest Branded
- Promotional material
By participating in the Scheme, you give consent to Portwest adding your details to their marketing database for future mailouts.
5.1. Portwest shall not be liable for any consequential or indirect loss or damage arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Scheme.
6.1. We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that a contract is formed between you and us (as set out above).
- Customer Services
7.1. Should you have any complaints please contact email@example.com