The Snugpak ® Stasha improves on the concept of the original British Military Basha and is the compact and lightweight alternative to the Snugpak All Weather Shelter. The Stasha is a traditional rectangular design (2.44 x 1.63m), with nearly 4m² of available protection. As the name implies, the shelter packs down small to be stashed almost anywhere, and can even fit in a pocket!
Made with 100% waterproof, lightweight polyester, weighing just 370g, this is the ideal complement to wild camps and fast and light activities in warmer months of the year when you don’t want to be weighed down by bulky kit; it is designed for Bushcraft, Wild Camping, Adventure Races, Group Activities, Military and Cadet Use. It is the perfect complement to any outdoor pack and will provide versatile protection from all-weather elements an emergency if required.
Designed by experienced military veterans, the Snugpak ® Stasha can provide you with protection from Sun, Wind, Rain, and Snow all year round, if required, but is ideally suited to fast and light ventures in warmer months. Using a standard bash rectangular design, the Stasha can be configured as a Fly, Tarp, Lean-to Shelter, Emergency Bivvi, as well as other freestanding shelter designs, making it the perfect choice for Wild Camping, or as an emergency shelter for individuals; it can also be utilised as an emergency stretcher if necessary.
The Shelter is a light foliage (Olive) green, making it suitable for use in the British Countryside, and is compliant with the current codes of practice for Wild Camping. It comes complete with four extendable Guy- Lines.
Common Basha Systems are often rectangular, making the design and construction of a suitable shelter limited to standard lean-to and triangular overwrap configurations; these will provide the greatest protection in inclement weather: The Snugpak ® Stasha boasts an impressive 3.92m² Shelter, allowing shelter designs to incorporate both individuals and their equipment in a variety of traditional basha configurations, as well as more ingenious, free-standing styles, with other equipment, such as walking poles, paddles etc.
Free-standing Shelters can be constructed in environments and terrain without the traditional need to perfectly spaces trees. Using ordinary equipment, such as walking poles, the Snugpak Stasha can be constructed, so that is free-standing, in a variety of designs to protect the user in different configurations depending on the inclement weather. From standard 45° lean-to windbreakers to the encompassing enclosed triangle protection, the impressive 2000mm Hydrostatic Head will keep you dry in wet weather.
In a time-critical emergency, where the situation dictates that a casualty needs to be moved for safety reasons, the All Weather Shelter can be configured as an emergency stretcher. Simply fold the shelter in half to form a rectangle and then tie a large overhand knot in each corner.
- Weight: 370g / 13oz (without ridgeline paracord)
- Weight: 450g / 16oz (includes everything, stasha, paracord, stuff sack & packaging)
- Packsize: 21cm (W) x 8cm (H) x 10cm (D) / 8" x 3" x 4"
- Product Dimensions: 244cm x 163cm / 96" x 64"
- 100% Waterproof with taped seams
- Supplied with four extendable guy-lines
- Reinforced attachment points throughout
- Features robust materials that will protect you from the sun, wind, rain and snow
- Deploy as standard basha rectangular design or as a fly, tarp, lean-to shelter, emergency bivvi, as well as other freestanding shelter designs
- As the name implies, the shelter packs down small to be stashed almost anywhere and can even fit in a cargo pocket!
- In an emergency, the Stasha can be configured as an emergency stretcher
- Supplied with a stuff sack for easy compact carrying
- Material: 210T Polyester Rip-Stop PU 2000MM Anti-UV30.
- UVF Factor: SPF30 Protection