The 1000 Mile Fusion Sport Sock was the first running sock of it’s kind (double layered AND padded) and it’s proven to be one of our most popular socks in the range since it’s conception over 5 years ago.
Conventional sock wisdom dictates that you can either have padding for protection and comfort, or two layers for reduced friction. Padded socks are thick, double layer socks are thin. The 1000 Mile Fusion Sock breaks that mould with innovative design and material technology to provide a sock that offers everything:
Double layer – BLISTER FREE GUARANTEE, together with padded comfort and protection.
100% Tactel inner layer: Soft, light and surprisingly strong. A dynamic, speciality fibre, Tactel® garments are soft, supple, smooth, breathable and lightweight. It dries 8 times faster than cotton. With its soft feel, moisture wicking and quick drying properties this yarn is the perfect yarn to line our socks helping to keep the feet cool and dry during activity.
Also available in an ankle length version for those who prefer a shorter sock: 1000 Mile Fusion Anklet Sock.
Covered by our unique BLISTER FREE GUARANTEE – Double layer construction helps to eliminate friction between the foot and shoe, reducing wear and helping to prevent blisters.
- Shaped padding on the toe area and ball of foot for better protection where you need it
- Arch bracing gives additional support
- Extended padding on the heel, Ankle and Achilles area to protect the ankle bone
- Ventilation mesh for top of foot – helps to keep the feet cool
- Flat toe seam
- Double layer construction eliminates friction between the foot and shoe, reducing wear and preventing blisters
- Tactel® inner layer wicks away perspiration to keep feet dry and cool
- Extra soft fabric for reduced irritation on the skin
- Black colour option designed to be higher in the leg for winter running
- Men’s and ladies fit – sizing by UK shoe size
Outer layer: 98% Nylon, 2% Lycra®
Inner Layer: 100% Tactel
Sizing by UK shoe size:
- Ladies Small – 3-5.5 (EUR 36 – 38.5)
- Ladies Medium – 6-8.5 (EUR 39 – 42.5)
- Choose the same size of sock as your foot. If you have narrow feet (D or less) or are on the border between sizes you should go down a size
- Cut barb with scissors to avoid damage to fabric.
- Pull on sock carefully to ensure the fitted heel and toe box sit on the foot correctly.
- Smooth out any wrinkles between the layers to ensure a snug, smooth fit.
Wash before wearing. Machine wash 30 degree. No Bleach. No tumble dry